You will certainly enjoy the power and the features PS4 offers if you’re a fan of gaming. PS4 is one of the finest gaming systems and it’s very entertaining to play. The high-resolution gameplay allows you to roam for hours, pick over 100 gaming choices, and play for hours. Whether you enjoy strategic games, action games, or want to rampage, the PS4 system covers it for you. In this article, we’ll be discussing How to use the laptop as a monitor for ps4.
There are circumstances where either you are traveling or the LED display is not available. For those times you must be thinking that can you use Laptop as a monitor for ps4. Read forward to know your answer.
Can You Use Laptop As Monitor For Ps4?
No. As both devices use output HDMI, you can’t use the laptop as a display for PS4. The alternative is to acquire a video capture card or utilize a game streaming service, however, these two methods lead to substantial delays in input.
The first thought in my mind is to use an HDMI connection between devices while utilizing a laptop as a display for a PS4. Sadly, this will not work, because computers, as well as PS4s, utilize HDMI output, both of which are not for HDMI input.
Returns are compliant with the physical HDMI ports, however, video signals are supported only in one way. There are, of course, several HDMI laptops, but they are far from home.
However, there are certain methods by which you can use the laptop as a monitor for ps4. But these methods are just tricks and may end up damaging your device. Let’s have a look at them one by one.
How to Use Laptop as Monitor for Ps4?
It is not as easy to connect an HDMI cable from the game console to the laptop. If that’s so easy, everyone would connect the game system to the laptop with their PlayStation. Can such linkages be established? The answer is, sure, it’s feasible, but management is very difficult, and while trying to connect a console to your laptop, you must put your thinking cap on.
1. Via Remote Play
Remote Play is a streaming service provided by Sony itself to those of you who don’t know. The objective is to enable users of PC and Mac to experience PS4 play on their favorite PC monitors. However, to connect it to your desktop you need a PS4 console.
- Download the Sony website Remote Play app that supports your laptop. If you already have the app installed, update the app.
- Open your Console’s ‘Settings.’ Select “PlayStation Network” and select “Management of Account.” Enable the option ‘Active as Primary PS4’ under ‘Account Management.’
- Activate the “Remote Play Connection Settings” on your console under ‘Settings.’ Instead of being able to operate remote play on your PC, you may wish to place your console in resting mode.
- To operate your network console, tap the “Enable Turning On” option in the “Power Save Settings.”
- Open your PC’s Remote Play app and choose ‘Preferences.’ Change the fps and resolution settings to make the perfect display for a better gaming experience on your screen.
- Use a USB connection to connect the game control to your PC. The PlayStation and the Share button are also on your controller to create a wireless connection. Once the LED of the controller starts to flash, connect it via USB connection to the computer.
- To login to your console credentials, clicks the Start button on your Remote Play app. The software selects your PS4 and connects to it immediately.
- All of you may utilize your laptop as a PS4 display now.
2. Via Capture Card
There’s hope that you still can play PS4 on the Laptop screen with HDMI utilizing your capture card if there is an issue connecting the PS4 console to your computer monitor through Remote Play. You’ll require the following things.
- PS4 Console
- Video Capture Card
- High-speed wireless internet connection
- Dual function HDMI
- Enabled file sharing
Follow the below steps to use the laptop as a display for PS4.
- First of all, you must activate the file sharing option in the menu Settings and connect the computer to PS4 through a wireless Internet connection.
- Connect and install the Video Capture Card on your computer’s USB port.
- To connect the game console to the video card, use a video S connection. Make sure the HDMI-in is connected to the catch card and the HDMI-out is connected to the game consolwebe.
- Just switch on the console and run your system with the Video Capture Card software. This allows you to access your computer display’s console.
- Voila! You all have a Video Capture Card configured to play the PS4 on your laptop.
In conclusion, a laptop can’t be used as a display for a PS4 easily, but you still have several options to directly play PS4 games on a laptop. You should at least test out the game streaming possibilities. However, I believe the best solution is to get a mobile HDMI monitor. If you face any issues do let us know in the comment section below.