Starting, emulators are a type of modern software that lets us run non-compatible programs on different higher operating systems. A genius somewhere in the world thought why can’t we build a complete Mobile setup on laptops and PCs. Then came the ” Android emulators”. A software that virtually creates an own individual perfectly operating Android system. To use this software, all we need is a good internet connection. In this article, I am going to discuss the best android emulators for windows up to date. I will give a short and brief explanation about each emulator, so stick on and choose the best one that suits your interest.
What are the uses of android emulators?
Android emulators are primarily designed for test running of android applications before it gets officially released to phones. The most popular use of emulators is for gaming. Some Android emulators can allow to development of application software, which is useful to app developers. Data transfer through the virtual device is way faster than a physical device connected with a USB.
Top 8 Android Emulators for Windows
Let’s dive in and know more about the different capabilities of every emulator.
Bluestacks is one of the most popular android emulators. Mainly preferred for gaming. If you are new and want to try a good emulator, this is for you.
- Game controls: play with preset controls and customize them.
- Multi-instance: play multiple games simultaneously.
- Multi-instance sync: replicate actions in multiple instances in real-time.
- Macros: record and replay actions with a single keypress.
- Eco-mode: Optimizes PC usage when running multiple instances.
- Real-time translation: play any game in your local language.
- High FPS: enable high frame rates for smoother gameplay.
2. Nox player
An emulator that mainly targets android gamers. Overall android experience is found in this, just like a mobile. Best suited for massive games like PUBG and Justin league.
- Fast Downloads – Speed is a priority for Nox Player and you get ultra-fast and smooth download speeds
- Custom Settings – customize your settings, choosing how much RAM and how many CPUs to allocate to Nox Player, and many more
- Compatible with External Controllers – Nox supports lots of different third-party controllers, unlike your mobile device
- Device Emulation – Nox emulates your Android device, including Phone Number, Model Number, IMEI, and other devices specific information
- Root Access – rooted with SuperUser out of the box, Nox Player lets you easily access your file system.
MEMu is a new app player, launched in 2015, mainly focused on gaming. The most important feature is support for the latest chips like AMD Ryzen. Currently based on Android lollipop.
- Full Android experience with an elegant desktop
- Flexible customization (CPU#, memory size, resolution, device model, nav bar location, root mode, etc.)
- Mapping the keyboard/joystick to screen touch for a much better game experience
- Passing through sensor data (e.g. accelerometer) to Android, so you can play car-racing like games intuitively
- GPS location simulation
- File sharing between Windows and Android
- Fast APK installation by drag and drop.
4. Game Loop
A complete gaming emulator, it has exclusive support for call of duty and PUBG. It lacks the support of other Android apps. Gameloop provides the following features for your mobile games while playing on PC.
- Optimized settings for your favorite mobile games
- Support for multiple languages
- Fraud prevention and additional security measures
- A customizable smart keyboard
- Graphics settings that you can tweak
- Play mobile games with a physical mouse and keyboard.
Android Studio is an integrated development environment directly a Google-based android emulator. If you want to be an app developer, the android studio is for you. Comes with tools and plugins for developers to build and test their apps.
- It has a flexible Gradle-based build system.
- It has a fast and feature-rich emulator for app testing.
- Android Studio has a consolidated environment where we can develop for all Android devices.
- Apply changes to the resource code of our running app without restarting the app.
- Android Studio provides extensive testing tools and frameworks.
- It supports C++ and NDK.
6. Phoenix OS
A new emulator in the market can run android 7.1, equally good for both gaming and productivity, the interface of this emulator is simple and lite.
- Keymapping for feature games.
- Game Assistant 3.0 – Octopus keymapping engine.
- Process optimization
- Prevents malware from using special methods to self-start.
- Prevents apps from self-start.
AndY is an emulator based on VMware players, made for Android gaming, and supports both Xbox and PlayStation controllers.
- Provides seamless sync between desktop and mobile devices.
- Connects Win/Mac with Android apps for launching, push notifications, and storage.
- Enables app download from any desktop browser direct to Andy OS.
- Ensures the most up-to-date Android OS at all times.
8. LD player
A recent android emulator promised the best, fast gaming performance and optimization. This new emulator can dominate BlueStacks and Nox players while running some high graphic games.
- CPU and RAM Allocation. The performance of your emulator depends mostly on your PC specs and the resources you allocate.
- Virtual Phone Model.
- Simple user interface.
- Multiple instances to play several games simultaneously
- File sharing between Your Windows and Android
Also Read: How to Get Free Credits in Rocket League?
Hence, these are the 8 Best Android emulators for windows. You can download them free via the link given in the article. Basic features are mentioned so that you can choose the best suited for your system and device. I hope this article was helpful and informative. For any such queries do comment below and we will help you find its solution.