Purdue University has announced a big shift in its learning management system. They have moved from Blackboard Learn to D2L Brightspace in time for the fall 2020 semester. More than 1,200 teachers, staff, and students contributed to the decision. It was made after a year-long evaluation and request for a proposal procedure based on case studies.
Purdue University has chosen D2L’s Brightspace platform to serve its campuses and digital learning initiatives, the company said recently. D2L is a global pioneer in learning technology. In this article, we gonna be discussing everything about bright space Purdue.
What is Brightspace Purdue?
Innovative learning management system (LMS) Brightspace allows you to create, host, and modify online learning materials. University-supported, Brightspace offers educators a versatile set of tools for creating personalized lesson plans for their face-to-face, online, and hybrid courses.
Students may submit assignments, participate in conversations, take exams, and collaborate in groups on Brightspace, which offers several methods for them to connect with their professors and peers. Brightspace data analytics, such as the course overview widget and the class progress tool, allowing teachers to keep tabs on their students’ progress and offer assistance when necessary.
How to Access Brightspace Purdue?
This Learning Management System (LMS) at Purdue University is called Brightspace Purdue (BSP). D2L’s centrally administered LMS facilitates the exchange of educational materials and interactions amongst students. If you are a student, you can easily access the bright space platform by following the below steps.
- Visit Purdue’s website at purdue.brightspace.com.
- Visit Brightspace at Purdue, select your campus i.e.
- Purdue West Lafayette
- The Purdue Fort Wayne
- Purdue Global
- Purdue Northwest
3. Enter your Purdue username in the appropriate field on the login screen.
4. After that, you’ll need to enter your account password.
5. To access the Brightspace Purdue Learning Management System, click “Sign In.”
How to Access Grade Feedback in Purdue Brightspace?
A rubric, written feedback, audio feedback, or some combination of these should be provided for nearly every task. You must be wondering what the rubric is. Let’s discuss this in detail.
An assignment or piece of work’s performance requirements is represented by a rubric, which is a scoring instrument. There are several degrees of mastery for each of the components in a rubric, which makes it easy to see how much work goes into each.
Now if you want to access grade feedback in Purdue Brightspace, follow the below steps.
- Firstly, in brightspace, go to “Course Tools” and choose “Assignments” to find the Assignments.
- Once you’ve entered your course Assignments, you’ll get a complete summary of everything you’ve contributed so far, as well as anything that is still due. Discussions are not included in the course assignments.
- All of your contributions, grades, and comments are over here. The “Unread” or “Read” button is located next to the feedback.
To say you’ve read something indicates you’ve already done some research on it.
- Unread indicates that you haven’t read or looked at the feedback yet.
- Go to the “Grades” section of the course.
- Go to the course’s Discussions area and start a new discussion. On the right-hand side of the page, you’ll see a space for your comments.
- A teacher may utilize a rubric to provide more detailed comments in some situations. As a result, it will be there in your “Grades.” To see more detailed comments, use the blue “View Graded Rubric” button.
What is Kaltura for Video Assignment?
You may utilize Kaltura to post movies to your Brightspace Purdue assignments or conversations. You may safely upload your films to Kaltura and have them viewable just by your teacher or by your instructor and students.
Videos posted through Kaltura to an assignment can only be viewed by your teacher; videos uploaded to a discussion can be viewed by anyone who has access to that discussion forum.
Need help with Brightspace?
The Innovative Learning Team at Purdue assists with Brightspace. For more information, such as how-to manuals and workshop schedules, go to www.purdue.edu/brightspace.
- Questions regarding using Brightspace in the classroom should be sent to email@example.com, which is handled by faculty and staff.
- If faculty, staff, or students are unable to log in to Brightspace, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (765)494-4000.
Also Read: How To Use WhatsApp Without Phone Number?
That’s all for the student of Purdue University. The initiative took by the university will be very much helpful for the students. If you are one such student, you should try to gain maximum out of it. Firstly, you can see video notes along with written notes. With the use of Kaltura, the learning process will be simple and fun. I hope you like the article. If you have anything regarding this, do let us know in the comment section below.