Even doing something so easy as identifying and removing unnecessary files might feel like a little task if you’re new to the Chromebook system. But it’s very straightforward when you hang the interface. In this article, we’ll be informing you how to delete files on Chromebooks.
Before you can delete any files, however, be sure you don’t actually need the file before you choose the Delete option. So Chromebooks can’t have any bin or any other space where deleted data may be retrieved. However, it’s a smart thought if you want to backup your Google Drive data later on.
How to Delete Files on Chromebook in 2021?
While many programs may not be installed on the Chromebook itself, you require some storage. For example, you may wish to download an attachment of your Chromebook camera from an email, snap a screenshot, capture video footage or stills. For these files, you do not only require storage room, but also access to them. Here’s how you can delete files on Chrome book in 2021.
- In the lower left corner, click the App Launcher icon. The Launcher app is shown.
- Find and click the Files icon. Files will open in a Chrome browser window.
- Choose the file that you want to delete when you click or press the file once.
- To go to the bottom right corner of the Files app window, click the trash can icon.
- Once the trash can icon is clicked, your file will never be gone. That’s right. No garbage, no recycler or chance to alter your mind. There is no waste. It dissipates into the ether as you remove an object.
Delete Files and Folders using Android File Manager
The first method is using the Android file management application or the Android application that creates the file. Every software that you used to produce files, any files you don’t wish to keep should likewise be deleted. However, some programs have no file management features included.
- Install an Android file management app for a more thorough solution.
- You could also have a favorite file management application if you have an Android phone. The play store contains hundreds of them.
- You can navigate between the Android directories and the Chrome OS Downloads folder once you have installed the file management software.
- This gives you the ability to remove files as well as to transfer or move files between Android and Chrome OS.
How to Delete Read-Only Audio, Images, and Videos?
The integrated file manager, the Chrome OS Files app, offers three separate categories named audio, pictures and videos that display information from all the sources on your Chromebook.
Take an example of the Images section. All photos on your Chromebook are seen irrespective of their folder. These are files that are read-only. You may find photos on your Chromebook in the folder Downloads and some in your folder for playfiles where Android apps save their files. Here you’ll see everything.
- Click and open the image with a double-click.
- Click on the pencil symbol from here to modify the picture.
- You may copy the file, use “Get info” to get further file details. Check all apps in your Chromebook that can do anything with the picture if you click on “More actions” (Gmail to send it via image, LightRoom to edit it, etc.).
- You may even right-click and wallpaper a picture.
- However, you can’t remove the file from here. The delete feature is deactivated or scratched. It is only a “vision,” not a folder. The explanation is that, to save an image, you must go to the original folder, delete or rename the file.
- The same applies to the categories Audio and Video. So, if the image you wish to remove, or rename is not found in the Images area, find the folder it’s saved in, and you’re fine.
The Chromebook Files app is a great tool for file management. As well as deleting the delete feature, it allows you to compress, unzip and do other sophisticated file actions. If you are new to Chromebook, deleting files would become complicated for you. Deleting stuff of windows and mac OS has been one of the most easiest thing on Earth.
In this article we talked about how to delete files on Chromebook. If you face any problem in deleting files from Chromebook, do let us know in the comment section below.