ESPN is a cable sports channel owned by ESPN Inc., a partnership between The Walt Disney Company and Hearst Communications in the United States. ESPN Plus is popular among sports enthusiasts, particularly UFC fans. You can use the ESPN Plus app on your smart TV and mobile devices. However, just like other streaming services, ESPN Plus faces a few issues here and there. The most prevalent problem is ESPN Plus not working, but we have all the possible solutions. So, keep reading to find the best solutions and do give them a shot.
- 1 How to Fix ESPN Plus Not Working Issue?
- 1.1 1. Check Internet Connectivity
- 1.2 2. Check if ESPN is Down
- 1.3 3. Restart your Smart TV
- 1.4 4. Reinstalling the ESPN App on Samsung Smart Tv and Roku
- 1.5 5. Resetting Samsung TV’s smart hub settings
- 1.6 6. Delete ESPN Plus Cache on Firetv/ Firestick.
- 1.7 7. Reinstall ESPN Plus App (on android or Ios Device)
- 2 Conclusion
How to Fix ESPN Plus Not Working Issue?
It is important to fix if ESPN+ is not working. Because, even after purchasing ESPN Plus subscription, if it is not working, it would surely get frustrating as we cannot use it adequately. Hence, here are some tricks provided to mitigate this trouble.
1. Check Internet Connectivity
Check your internet connection is stable before proceeding further. You can confirm this by opening another app on your Smartphone, such as YouTube, and try watching a video. Also, go to speedtest.net to see how fast your internet is. This can assist you in identifying whether ESPN is inefficient due to a weak internet connection.
If your connection is weak, try bringing your wifi closer to your device. For speedy internet, you may also attach an Ethernet cable. If your internet speed is still weak/slow, you should seek assistance from your internet service provider.
2. Check if ESPN is Down
If the ESPN server is down, you may have an ESPN plus not working issue on your device. Visit downdetector.com to see whether ESPN Plus is down. There you can determine whether the problem is at ESPN’s end or not. You can also follow the outage on ESPN plus’s official Twitter account and look for recent tweets regarding ESPN plus on Twitter. If there is a major outage, you can see other people reporting it on Twitter.
3. Restart your Smart TV
Your smart TV’s power cycle might help you in fixing the ESPN plus not working issue. This fix is suitable for most TVs and will assist you in resolving the ESPN issue.
- Unplug your smart TV and press the power button for 10 seconds.
- Wait 10-15 minutes after unplugging your router. First, turn on your router by plugging it in.
- After the router has fully rebooted, connect your smart TV and turn it on.
- Now open ESPN plus on your smart television and see whether it works.
4. Reinstalling the ESPN App on Samsung Smart Tv and Roku
If your ESPN app isn’t working on your Roku or Samsung TV, try reinstalling it. So, to reinstall ESPN plus on Samsung and Roku TV, follow the instructions mentioned below.
1. For Samsung Tv:
- From the top right corner of the screen, click the gear icon (settings).
- Now go to the ESPN app and press the delete button.
- Restart your smart TV after uninstalling the ESPN app.
- Reinstall the ESPN app on your smart TV now.
2. For Roku TV:
- Go to your Roku’s home screen.
- Choose the ESPN app now.
- On your Roku remote, Tap on the * button.
- Press remove channel now.
- Restart your Roku device.
- On your Roku, search and download the most recent ESPN Plus version.
The ESPN plus not functioning issue will be resolved after reinstalling ESPN plus on your smart TV.
5. Resetting Samsung TV’s smart hub settings
ESPN plus crashing or not working problems can be resolved by resetting the smart hub on your Samsung smart TV. To reset the smart hub on your Samsung television, follow the instructions below.
- Go to the settings tab.
- Select Support from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the self-diagnosis section.
- Select Reset Smart Hub from the menu.
6. Delete ESPN Plus Cache on Firetv/ Firestick.
Deleting the ESPN+ app’s corrupt cache data and force-stopping it might help you resolve the problem. To clean the ESPN Plus cache on your Fire TV or Firestick, follow the instructions below.
- Select settings from the home screen.
- Then you must select the application.
- Click on Manage installed apps from the drop-down menu.
- From the list, choose ESPN Plus.
- After that, select force stop, then clean cache and clear data.
- Now open the ESPN Plus app and see whether you can watch your favorite sport on your Firestick/Fire TV.
7. Reinstall ESPN Plus App (on android or Ios Device)
If the ESPN app on your iOS or Android device is not working, then reinstalling the app on your Smartphone should solve the problem. So, first and foremost, uninstall the ESPN Plus software from your Android or iOS Smartphone. Next, restart your phone again. Install the latest version of the ESPN app on your device from the app store or play store. Now, check if you can watch ESPN plus on your Android or iOS Smartphone by logging into your ESPN account.
Lastly, If the problem persists, you can seek assistance from the ESPN plus team. They will guide you through the ESPN plus not working issue and provide you with the best service to resolve it. Therefore, feel free to reach out to them if none of the above methods worked for you.
Also Read: How To Fix ‘Mouse Moving On Its Own’ Issue?
Voila! You have successfully reached the end of the ESPN plus not working guide/article. We have gone through various ways to help you navigate this issue on different platforms or devices. So, give them a shot by going through each one of them, and we are sure that your ESPN plus will start working as effectively as it was before. Lastly, I hope you found this article helpful, and if you have any queries, let us know in the comments below.