Is Hulu black screen giving you a tough time too? Is it going black every time you try to watch anything on Hulu? If you are struggling with this issue, then you have landed in the right place. In this article, you will find all the possible solutions to the Hulu black screen issue, filtered through the numerous data available out there. These are all tried and tested, i.e., they were found effective by various Hulu users/viewers. So, tag along to dive through these solutions and find the one that works for you.
Hulu is probably the closest alternative to Netflix. They provide a large selection of popular ABC, Fox, and NBC series/show that you can see immediately after they premiere on TV. Hulu also offers a growing collection of original shows, several of which are fantastic.
You can use their service/subscription with a perk of few or no commercials that pop up while streaming your favorite shows on the platform for roughly $6 per month. While commercials are bearable for the price you pay, being stuck with a blank screen on Hulu is quite frustrating.
- 1 How to fix Hulu black screen issue?
- 1.1 1. Check if the Hulu Servers are Down
- 1.2 2. Check for the ‘No Ads’ Plan
- 1.3 3. Examine Internet Connection and VPN
- 1.4 4. Try Reinstalling Hulu App
- 1.5 5. Erase Hulu Cache and Data
- 1.6 6. Consider Disabling Browser Extensions
- 1.7 7. Logging Out and In of Hulu App
- 1.8 8. Contact Hulu’s Customer Service
- 2 Conclusion
How to fix Hulu black screen issue?
Here we’re going to discuss how you can resolve the Hulu dark screen issue on your smart streaming device. The following methods have proven workable for some users. So, let’s have a try.
1. Check if the Hulu Servers are Down
As Hulu is a streaming service, the first thing to look for when something goes wrong is a problem with the servers. To deliver content and data to users, the app heavily relies on its servers. You can use third-party services like Downdetector to know the status of Hulu’s servers.
If the app shows that the serves are down, wait for a while before trying to access the app, as the professionals must be resolving the bugs or working on an update. You can, however, try the other ways listed below if the problem is at your end and Hulu’s servers are fully operational.
2. Check for the ‘No Ads’ Plan
If you have a ‘No Ads’ account, the issue might be with Hulu’s service. Instead of displaying your ads, it pauses the movie you’re watching and changes to a black screen for a few seconds, which is very frustrating given that you’ve paid extra to avoid ads. To resolve this, refer to the last method listed below to contact Hulu’s customer service staff and request that they look into your account.
3. Examine Internet Connection and VPN
Network troubles might cause the black screen issue on Hulu. To watch movies from the Hulu platform, you’ll need a 3 Mbps internet connection, while live streams will need an 8 Mbps connection. Run a speed test to see if your internet connection has enough bandwidth. And if it’s weak, try unplugging the wi-fi router and plug it back in after a couple of minutes.
Also, VPNs, or virtual private networks, are third-party applications that safeguard your network from hackers and other intruders. They function by switching your device’s default IP address and filtering the data that goes out of it. However, not all VPNs function effectively and may cause your internet connection to become problematic, which can result in trouble communicating with Hulu’s servers. Thus, you can try turning it off before opening the Hulu App.
4. Try Reinstalling Hulu App
By reinstalling the Hulu program on their devices, several users were able to resolve the Hulu black screen issue. This repair is effective for the majority of smart televisions (Roku, Samsung smart TV, firestick, etc.).
- Hulu should be uninstalled from your smart TV.
- Then, Restart your smart TV.
- On your smart TV, download the most recent version of Hulu.
- Log in to your Hulu account and start bingeing.
As with most Hulu users, the black screen issue will be resolved after reinstallation.
5. Erase Hulu Cache and Data
Since this problem is caused by corrupted cached data, erasing Hulu’s cache data will fix your device’s black screen issue. Firstly, it depends on the platform or device you are using the Hulu app on. For instance, if you are using it on your browser, clearing the cache and cookies might help you eliminate the issue. Rest, if it’s any other device, we have mentioned ways to clear the cache below.
1. For Firestick
- Open home and click on settings.
- After that, select application.
- Select Manage Installed Applications from the drop-down menu.
- Now search and choose Hulu from the options.
- Force stop is the first option.
- Click clean cache and clear data from there.
- Now open your Hulu account and log in.
2. For Samsung
- Go to the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Click ‘Applications’.
- Select ‘Hulu’ from the menu.
- Click ‘Clear Cache’ and ‘Clear Data.
3. For Roku
- To clear cache on Roku, first, go to the home screen and click the following button combo.
- On your Roku remote, Tap the home button five times.
- One time, press the up button.
- Now hit rewind twice and speed forward twice more.
Launch Hulu once the Roku device reboots to see if the black screen issue has been fixed. If you have a Roku TV, turn it off and disconnect it from the power outlet for 5 to 10 minutes. Now connect your smart TV and see if the Hulu black screen problem has been fixed.
6. Consider Disabling Browser Extensions
Browser extensions might potentially cause Hulu’s black screen issue. Some websites, such as Hulu, are incompatible with browser extensions and may not work correctly if they are enabled.
To resolve this, disable your browser extensions as shown below:
- To begin, go to the Settings tab in your browser.
- To manage your browser extensions, go to the Extensions tab in the side drawer.
- Finally, turn off all of your browser extensions and restart them.
- Browser Extensions Should Be Disabled now.
Come back to Hulu and see if the black screen problem still exists while watching a movie or TV show.
7. Logging Out and In of Hulu App
Several users have claimed that logging out and logging back in a while using the Hulu app has helped fix the black screen issue. Logging out may assist the app in refreshing the data and kicking the bugs out. Furthermore, make sure that your device and the app are running on the latest software to help you rule out the faults in your device. If it’s not updated, then head over to the settings and update it ASAP!
8. Contact Hulu’s Customer Service
If you’re still experiencing a Hulu black screen on your device, you may reach out to Hulu customer support for assistance. They will be able to assist you in fixing the Hulu black screen problem on your smart streaming devices in no time. They will help you locate the problem and provide you with excellent technical service.
Also Read: How to Fix Unable to Access Jarfile Error?
We realize how irritating it is to be immersed in a TV show or movie and have your screen go blank every few minutes. It’s even more annoying if you’ve paid to disable ads on your Hulu app but instead still see a black screen. We hope this article has helped you understand why you’re getting a black screen on your device while using the Hulu app and how to fix it. If you have any queries, let us know below.