It is so annoying when your TCL TV black screen keeps coming back, Right? I know you can relate to this. But don’t you worry; we have several hacks or ways that will surely help you in getting rid of the TCL TV black screen. These are incredibly simple and easy-to-follow solutions that are all effective when put to the test. So, gear up, and let’s get fixing!
- 1 Why is My TCL TV Showing a Black Screen?
- 2 How to fix TCL TV Black Screen Issue?
- 2.1 1. Consider Power Cycling your TV
- 2.2 2. Restarting the TV via Remote
- 2.3 3. Make sure the Cable Connections are Secure
- 2.4 4. Update TCL TV Firmware
- 2.5 5. Try Factory Resetting your TCL TV
- 2.6 6. Modify Fast Start Option
- 2.7 7. Contact TCL Customer Support
- 3 Conclusion
Why is My TCL TV Showing a Black Screen?
There are many reasons behind this issue some of them are mentioned below:
- Hardware issue resulting in an LED lighting problem
- Unsecured cable connections
- Smart TV software issue
- Obsolete firmware
- Cable issues related to HDMI
- Corrupted TV chip or motherboard
- Faulty screen
How to fix TCL TV Black Screen Issue?
Since most of the causes of your TCL TV screen going black are not technical, fixing it does not necessarily require you to contact a technician. We will be recommending some simple Do It Yourself (DIY) tricks on fixing a black screen on a TCL TV.
1. Consider Power Cycling your TV
In any troubleshooting manual, the restart is the initial step. A power cycle is the sort of restart we’re trying in this situation. A power cycle means disconnecting or unplugging the power supply, turning off the device for up to a minute, and plugging it back in. The power cycle can fix problems created by an unintentional configuration change that caused the TV to become black, whether you performed it or automatically happened.
For Power cycling your TCL TV, follow these steps:
- Switch off the TV. Wait until all of the TV’s status lights have gone off.
- Wait 1-2 minutes after unplugging the TV from the power outlet.
- Plug back the TV again and turn it on.
2. Restarting the TV via Remote
Only TCL Roku TVs are compatible with this approach. By hitting a particular key combination on your remote, you may restart the TV. This combination is simple to perform and is described below:
- Press the Home button five times.
- Now, press ‘Up’ once.
- Then, press the Rewind button twice.
- Lastly, Click the Fast forward button twice.
The TV will begin to restart after you have completed the key combination. After the restart, use the TV, as usual, to see whether the problem remains.
3. Make sure the Cable Connections are Secure
Is your cable box connected to your TCL TV? The issue might be due to sloppy cable connections. HDMI cables can be particularly troublesome if broken, so make sure they are in perfect working condition. Loose or broken power cables might be creating the display problem by causing glitches on your screen.
Consider switching to the high-speed braided cable if your HDMI cable seems to be defective. It can broadcast high-definition content without lagging and is braided, reducing breakage risk. You can easily find braided kinds of cables or strong ones on Amazon at an affordable price.
4. Update TCL TV Firmware
TCL TVs come with firmware that must be updated to work correctly. As a result, if you’re seeing a black screen with or without sound, the problem may be caused by out-of-date firmware.
To update your firmware on your TCL TV, follow these steps:
- Go to your TV’s settings menu.
- Go to the systems update page.
- To download and install the most recent firmware, select the update option.
This option will now only operate if the menu is unaffected by the black screen. If the menu isn’t displayed, you’ll need to contact TCL’s customer service center. They will then guide you on how to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
5. Try Factory Resetting your TCL TV
A factory reset erases all the messed-up settings and logged-in accounts from the TV as it’s the only option left to fix the TCL TV black screen issue. There are two methods for factory resetting your television, using the settings menu or doing a hard reset.
Firstly, make sure that you are connected to a robust Wi-Fi network while going through the initial steps. To reset your TCL TV to its factory settings, follow these steps:
- Select settings from the menu displayed.
- Select System by scrolling down.
- Select Factory Reset from the Advanced System Settings menu.
- Click factory reset.
- Enter the code that pops up on the screen to do a factory reset.
Since you won’t be able to access the menu without graphics, the hard reset is a great alternative:
- Head to the back or side panel of your TV (where HDMI and other connector ports are located).
- Locate and hit the hard reset button (you can use a sharp-pointed object for this).
- Hold the button for 12 seconds before releasing it (your TV will power off).
- Switch on the TV and follow the instructions displayed on-screen to set it up.
6. Modify Fast Start Option
People on the internet claimed that activating or deactivating the TCL TV’s Fast Start option solved their black screen. Enabling it if it was previously disabled or vice versa is something worth considering.
1. For TCL Roku TV
- On the Roku TV remote, press the Home button.
- Go to System > Settings.
- Select Fast TV Start.
- As required, enable or disable Fast TV Start.
2. For TCL Android TV
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Click Power
- As required, modify the “Instant power on” option.
Check to see whether the problem has been resolved by restarting the TV.
7. Contact TCL Customer Support
If none of those mentioned above worked for you, then there is a possibility that the issue is way more technical and complicated. Thus, reaching out to TCL customer support is the best option to resolve your TCL TV black screen issue. You can quickly contact them via mail, contact or their service center and they will surely assist you in resolving the problem ASAP.
Also Read: Free HBO Max Accounts and Password in 2022
After going through the above solutions and giving them a fair shot, we are sure that the TCL TV black screen issue is gone as these were all the solutions that were the most efficient and worked for many TCL TV users who were facing the black screen issue. Lastly, I hope you found this article helpful, and if you have any queries, let us know in the comments below.