It is frustrating and irritating when you need to reset your phone but the power button is malfunctioning or damaged. It may be tough to turn off or reset your smartphone under such scenarios, especially if some apps go wacky and significantly drain your phone’s battery. Don’t worry if your power button isn’t working properly. Without using the power button, you may restart Android in a variety of ways. On an Android smartphone, the power button is important, but it doesn’t have to be the endpoint. In this article, I will show you a couple of ways How To Restart Android Without Power Button.
- 1 How To Restart Android Without Power Button
- 2 Conclusion
How To Restart Android Without Power Button
Here I will show you a couple of ways How To Restart Android Without Power Button. Follow the article to know about them:
1. Plugin your charger
If your phone’s battery has died and you need to restart it, simply connect your charger to turn it on. Hence, by plugging your phone into a charger (electric or USB), your phone’s battery will gently charge, and the phone will wake up from its sleep state and restart within a few minutes.
2. Double-Tap to Wake Up & Sleep
“Double-Tap to Sleep” or “Double-Tap to Wake” is a new feature that has been implemented on many smartphones recently. You can also use the same gesture to put them to sleep. To see if your Android phone has it, try it out. You’ll need to enable the “Double-Tap” feature on your phone before you can access this feature. Follow these simple instructions to enable it:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select Advanced Options.
- Select Motions and Gestures.
- Enable the “Double Tap to Turn on Sleep” and “Double Tap to Turn Off Screen” features in this section.
After enabling this feature, just double-tap on the screen to turn it on and off.
3. Use a third party App to Wake up Android Mobile
Third-party applications such as Power Menu and Shutdown can promptly bring up the power menu, where you can provide permission to restart your device.
- Thereafter, simply press “Open Power Menu” to bring up your power menu. You have the option of shutting down or restarting your device. Other apps which you can also prefer are Power Button to Volume Button and Gravity Screen On/Off.
4. Scheduled power on/off
When the power button is not working, you can utilize the “Schedule Power ON/OFF” functionality. This function allows your device to turn on and off automatically at predetermined times.
Enable the “Schedule Power on/off” feature from the settings. Set the time for the device to turn on and off after that. That is all there is to it. Now all you have to do is make sure your phone never runs out of power.
5. Power Button to Volume Button app
Some apps can let you restart Android without using the power button, and there are countless specialized Apps on the Google Play store exclusively for turning off and on your smartphone, with the majority of them being free to download. One of the best apps for this purpose is Power Button to Volume Button, which is available on Google Play. Install this app on your phone and attempt to turn it on without pushing the power button.
6. Enter Recovery Mode and Reboot the phone
If the power button is damaged or destroyed, this is another quick and easy way to restart the phone without using the power button. What you need to do is bring up your smartphone’s boot menu, often known as recovery mode, which you can do by pressing a few key combinations on your phone. Simply connect your USB wire while holding down the volume down/volume up keys to start recovery mode.
7. Restart Android phone using ADB
For this to function, you need to enable the developer settings on your smartphone.
- Using a USB cord, connect your Android phone to a PC or laptop. You’ll get a notification saying USB debugging is connected.
- Download and install android studio and SDK tools on your PC.
- After this go to the website where you installed ADB.
- Locate the ADB directory and open the command prompt.
- Enter the command “ADB devices”. The name of your device and ID will be displayed.
- Enter the command “ADB –s <device id> reboot “ or “ADB reboot”. Your phone will reboot.
Also Read: How to Fix Roblox Error Code 610?
In this article, I have shown 6 simple ways How To Restart Android Without Power Button. These are simple and effective to follow. I hope this article was helpful and was able to solve your problem. Hence, for any further similar queries comment below and we will come back with its solution.