The “ Message blocking is active” issue has been noticed by many users, and it can be annoying, especially when we need to send an urgent message. As text messaging has become such an important part of our daily lives and source of info, any problems while receiving or sending texts can be devastating.
Users with iPhone or Android devices have noticed the “message blocking is active” error shortly after sending a text message. Though T-Mobile has been the primary carrier affected, we’ve tried to make this instruction as easy to follow as possible for users on other carriers.
- 1 Why does “Message Blocking is Active Shows Up”?
- 2 What Does “Message Blocking is Active Error” Actually Mean?
- 3 Steps to Fix “Msg Blocking is Active” Error on Android devices
- 4 Steps to Fix “Message Blocking is Active” On iPhones
- 5 Conclusion
Why does “Message Blocking is Active Shows Up”?
The Error might pop up on your notifications bar due to several factors. Given below are some possible causes for this problem.
1. Block List
Either the sender or the receiver may be on the other’s block list. They should double-check this by contacting each other. They must also ensure that they can communicate with one another by phone.
2. Shortcode Issue
This issue solely affects T-Mobile and is caused by shortcode blockage. You will need to contact technicians to resolve this issue because it cannot be resolved manually.
3. Service Outage
A service outage isn’t necessarily a result of a problem on your end. This is due to a maintenance outage on the part of your service provider. You may be seeing this error because the messaging service has been paused.
4. Excessive Premium Messages
In this scenario, the user may have disabled the ability to send and receive premium messages on his phone. This service is only utilized by a few messaging apps. It must be authorized for the application to function properly.
What Does “Message Blocking is Active Error” Actually Mean?
On Android and iPhones, the “message blocking is active” issue could indicate that you have blocked the other person. When you get this error message, one of the first things to notice is that the receiver either has you on their block list or you have them on yours.
Another possibility, according to T-Mobile, is if the shortcode is incorrect. Shortcodes that were either inactive or wrong caused several “message blocking is active” errors. If you’re in the clear, the error is on T-end, Mobile’s and you’ll need to contact them so that their specialists can rectify the problem.
Make sure the individual to whom you’re sending the message supports premium text messaging. We previously discussed not being able to send the message because your carrier doesn’t support a premium text messaging service; in this case, make sure the problem isn’t with the recipient.
Steps to Fix “Msg Blocking is Active” Error on Android devices
When you want to send a message to someone you care about but can’t because “Message Blocking Is Active,” it’s quite frustrating. Here are a few solutions that will undoubtedly help you.
1. Blocking of Short Messages
If you get a notice on your screen that says “Message transmission failed,” ignore it. Then there’s a probability that a career is preventing brief messages. This problem can only be resolved with the assistance of customer service. Here are the steps to follow:-
- When you call the customer service representative, he will provide you with a 10-digit carrier number.
- In your settings, you must input the career number.
- You will be able to use your messaging services after they have been activated.
2. Enabling the Premium Access
The best way to solve this problem is to enable premium access. This can be accomplished by following these easy steps:-
- Go to the settings menu.
- Go to the App Management section.
- Select the messaging app.
- On the top right, click the More icon.
- Now To enable the option, go to special access and then allow premium access.
Now let’s talk about how to address this problem in iOS.
Steps to Fix “Message Blocking is Active” On iPhones
This issue frequently happens on iPhones as a result of a device upgrade. There could be other factors as well. However, there is no known cause for this problem with iPhones. Let’s look at how to address this problem on iPhones.
1. Look into the iMessaging App
- Try sending a message after turning off the iMessage app.
- If the notice has vanished without causing any problems, you will need to log out of your Apple ID and then sign back in to resolve the problem.
2. Reset Network Configuration
If the steps above don’t work for you, try resetting your network settings. The steps to reset network settings are as follows.
- Go to the General tab.
- Reset the network settings by pressing Reset.
- Check to see if resetting the network settings has resolved the problem. If the problem persists, you will need to conduct a hard reset to resolve it. Confirm whether or not your service provider has an active SMS package. Users who simply have data plans may try to send messages and find that they are unsuccessful. As a result, check sure your service provider has a suitable SMS package activated for you.
Sending messages to loved ones is an older means of communicating with people you care about, but it is still popular. There are a lot of people who utilize it. We’ve gotten several requests for solutions to this problem. We’ve produced this post to explain why this problem exists.
Depending on your device’s operating system, you can select from a variety of techniques. Our staff has thoroughly tested these strategies and found them to be effective. If you’ve tried all of these approaches and are still having problems, please let us know in the comments section down below.