Messaging is a popular mode of communication. It’s not always possible to be on the phone. Apple-designed technology includes a built-in method for syncing all of their gadgets under one roof. iMessage is one such application that allows users to message one another using an iPhone, iPad, MacBook, or iMac. In some circumstances, the MacBook’s iMessage fails not to sync with the iPhone. This is inconvenient, especially when we are in a high-stress working environment. Tech difficulties are common on every smart gadget. There could be several causes for such a problem. Perhaps our Mac operating system or phone is out of date, our iCloud storage is full, there are software flaws, Apple id troubles, and so on. So in this article, we are going to discuss how to solve the issue of Messages Not Syncing On Mac.
- 1 How to Fix Messages Not Syncing on Mac Problem?
- 2 Conclusion
How to Fix Messages Not Syncing on Mac Problem?
Let us see what all possible fixes you can opt for to solve this issue. These are as follows:
1. Check iCloud settings
The common cause of syncing problems is iCloud sync for iMessage could be disabled accidentally.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap on your name, find iCloud, click on it.
- Scroll down and check if the messages app is in sync.
- iCloud backs up once every day, so tap on backup now, and messages can be synced to MacBook.
2. Verify iMessage Settings
After opening settings, go to messages, check if iMessage is turned on or off. Sometimes a simple turn-off and on can sync messages automatically.
- In the messages menu, verify the send and receive addresses. Also, enable the text message forwarding option.
- Apple id and iCloud account must be connected with iMessage both in iPhone and mac.
- In MacBook open messages app, find preferences, accounts and look if the account used on the phone is enabled here.
3. Sign out and login iMessage on Mac
- On account settings, locate to preferences.
- In that choose the sign-out option, sign in again with your apple id and number.
- Enable messages in the iCloud option, cross-check the email and phone number which is added to receive messages.
4. Restart your MacBook
For many people restarting their mac fixed the issue. By doing this your iMessage might get back to functioning perfectly. For doing this, select the Apple menu and choose the restart option and confirm the restart. Launch iMessage after doing that, check if this method fixes it.
5. Turn on auto proxy discovery
This is something linked with internet settings. Even though it’s not directly related to iMessage, turning on that resolved the problem.
- To turn on this, find the apple menu, select system preferences.
- In the system preferences menu, tap on the network, select Ethernet.
- At the bottom, tap on the advanced option, you can find the proxies tab, click on it,
- Now turn on the auto proxy discovery, tap ok to save the action.
- Open iMessage and check if your messages are synced.
6. Delete and Reinitiate Thread
When iMessage doesn’t work, delete the individual chat and start a new one.
- Open iMessage on mac, on the top dock, click on File.
- Choose delete the conversation and confirm it.
- This deletes chat history, and when you start a new conversation, messages will start syncing.
7. Reset all settings on the phone
Resetting settings does not delete any data on your phone. To do this:
- Open settings on phone, navigate to general, scroll down to the bottom, and select reset.
- Click on reset all settings, double confirm the action, wait until your phone restarts.
- In the meantime, open iMessage preferences on Mac, disable and enable it once.
- On the phone open iMessage settings. Log in with your Apple id, enable text message forwarding, send a text from your phone and it will synchronize with your MacBook.
8. iToolab FixGo
This is a tool that fixes iPhone issues. It helps to repair any software issues on IOS and iPad OS.
- Install this tool on your Mac, connect your phone through cable.
- Run the tool once the device is detected.
- It troubleshoots all the problems in the phone and fixes them without any data loss.
- It’s a paid tool: iToolab
9. Reset your Internet Connection
Sometimes a slow or weak internet connection creates issues with the syncing of messages. Restart your internet, connect it again. problem solved.
Also Read: How To Recover Deleted Files On Mac?
Hence, these are possible fixes you can opt for to deal with the “Messages not syncing on Mac” issue. Apple ecosystem does notice such issues from users very often, they find the bugs and give necessary software updates. If by any chance there is a problem in a particular model of the device or particular version of IOS or MAC OS, it is best to contact apple support, they will suggest the apt solution without any delay in resolving customer’s issues. We hope this article gave you enough knowledge and helped you regarding the Messages not syncing on Mac. For any such related issues, comment below.