If you want to survive in the survival mode you have to construct blocks and feed yourself. If you want to make something instead of eating you can do that in the creative mode as well. Currently, Minecraft is supported on all major game platforms such as Windows and Mac OS X as well as Android, Xbox, and Nintendo.
One of the most prevalent Minecraft Windows difficulties is the inability to connect to a network. They may be able to get online, but they can’t play with each other. Don’t worry if you run into this issue. There are a few ways to repair it. In this article, we have accumulated some methods by which you will be able to surpass this error i.e. Minecraft LAN not working.
What Causes “Minecraft LAN Not Working?
It’s no secret that many gamers have complained about Minecraft’s LAN not working. This is a frequent issue that Minecraft players experience regularly. Even if the user may readily surf the internet, he or she is unable to connect to a LAN to play with others because of this problem. While playing single-player world mode, players may encounter the problem of LAN not working.
No longer can you play the game with your buddies over a local area network (LAN). Here are some of the main causes of this error.
- The computers are not on the same network.
- It is the firewall that is interfering with the network connection that is causing the issue.
- As a result of anti-virus software obstructing the signals, there is a problem with connectivity.
- There is an attempt to prevent the connection through AP isolation.
- We have turned off the network discovery feature.
How to Fix the “Minecraft LAN Not Working” Issue?
We’ve compiled a list of some ways to remedy the problem. Trying them all may not be necessary. Just work your way down the list until you discover one that works for you and stick with it.
1. Computers are Not Connected to the Same Network
You must ensure that all of your computers are a link to the same network to play Minecraft, or you may get the Minecraft LAN not functioning problem. If your Minecraft LAN isn’t working, check to see if all of your computers are connected to the same LAN network or not before proceeding. It’s important to understand how to assign additional RAM to a steam game if you’re having trouble with it.
There’s another way to play Minecraft and cure the LAN not functioning issue if they’re both linked to the same network.
2. Check Window’s Firewall
The LAN not functioning issue might occur if Minecraft is not permitted in the Firewall. Make sure the Minecraft executable file “javaw.exe” is tick yes in Firewall by checking the Firewall settings and making sure it’s allowed. Follow the below steps.
- Firstly, go to Control Panel -> Windows Defender Firewall -> Configure Windows Defender Firewall. Through the Windows Defender Firewall, allow a program to run.
- Secondly, check to see whether “javaw.exe” is ticked in the registry. Select “Change settings” and check “javaw.exe” if it isn’t already selected. Make sure you check all entries for “javaw.exe” if you find more than 1. The Private and Public boxes should also be ticked.
Note – This technique will not work if Minecraft.exe is checked. Keep trying new techniques.
3. Disable Antivirus
The LAN not functioning issue is caused by some antivirus software blocking certain functions in Minecraft. Whether you have antivirus software install on your computer, you may temporarily disable it and check to see if the problem has been fixed before continuing.
4. Update Network Drivers
- The device manager may be accessed by typing it into the search box.
- Locate your network driver in the network adapter settings and update it.
- Optionally seek updated drivers on the internet by selecting Automatically search for updated driver software.
Note – Then try connecting to Minecraft again to check if you still have the LAN not functioning problem. Customer support can help you repair the LAN not functioning issue if it persists.
That’s all the fixes you need to know for this error i.e. “Minecraft LAN not working”. All the methods are easy to perform and don’t require any technical expertise. Since there are many reasons behind this error, you need to perform all the methods one by one, to find which suits you. If you face any doubt in doing so, do let us know in the comment section below.