In today’s post, we will share some methods on how to remove someone from Messenger. We all have at least one person on Facebook Messenger who is incredibly unpleasant, and we want to get rid of them, right? It’s also possible that you’ll get a message on Messenger from someone who isn’t on your Facebook friend list. Adding someone from Messenger is fairly simple. If you search for a person’s name on Facebook, you’ll be able to contact them through Messenger.
If you keep getting Messenger invites and being invited to random group chats where you don’t know anyone, this might be aggravating. Many of these emails are spam or communications that have been forwarded. When you use the Facebook marketplace to sell things, consumers usually contact you via Messenger.
In this article, I’ll show you how to remove someone from Facebook Messenger in a variety of ways.
How to Remove Someone From Messenger?
You can choose to block someone if you want to completely remove them from your life. Once you’ve blocked someone, they won’t be able to text you on Messenger. However, if you communicate with that contact in a Group, you will both be able to see each other’s messages.
So, if you want to completely get rid of someone, block them on Facebook. When you block someone on Facebook, they will be unfriended and will no longer be able to text you. If you block someone, they will be unable to access your Facebook account or view your profile as long as they share the same Facebook id.
1. Block a Contact on Fb Messenger
Given below is the step-by-step guide on how to block someone from the messenger. So, without any further ado let’s get right into it.
1. Open the Messenger app.
2. Select the People icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
3. Tap the Plus sign next to the contact symbol at the top.
4. View your contact list and select the individual you wish to delete.
5. Select the information icon
6. Scroll down until you see the block option, hit it, then select “Block on Messenger” as well as “Block on Facebook.”
7. You’ll be redirected to Facebook after tapping, and you’ll need to hit the “Block” button again to confirm.
2. Delete a Contact
On Messenger, there is a feature called ‘upload contact.’ When you enable ‘upload contact,’ your phone contacts begin to sync in real-time. Though the proposal from Facebook may be seen by you and the contact, and you may receive message requests. Given below are the steps on how to completely remove the person from your messenger contacts.
- Open the messenger app on your device.
- Scroll down and click on the people’s icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap the contacts option located at the top.
- Locate and click on the icon right next to the individual’s name you intend to remove from the messenger.
- Finally, click on the “remove” option.
3. Unfriend Someone on Messenger
Unfriending someone is another option to get rid of them. However, even after unfriending someone, you can continue to talk with them as usual. Unfriending someone removes them from your friend list, and if your account is private, they won’t be able to access your profile or activity. Given below are the steps on how to unfriend someone on messenger.
- Open the conversation of the person you wish to unfriend in Messenger.
- After that, click the “i” button and then Profile.
- Then go to Facebook and click on view profile.
- Here, select Friends and then Unfriend.
You can also use the Take a Break function to limit access to a contact authority associated with your website. If you want to learn more, go to this link.
4. Ignore a Contact
Ignore is a new tool in Messenger that was recently added. You will not receive any message notifications from contact if you ignore them. When you “ignore” someone, unlike Mute, the dialogue moves to the message request area.
When a random individual sends you a direct message, it is forwarded to the Message Request Section, and a completely new request section is created. When you enable the Ignore function for any of your contacts, the same thing will happen.
The nicest part about this functionality is that the other person will still be on your Facebook friend list after you ignore them, and they will be completely unaware of it. Mentioned below are the steps if you want to know-how
- To begin, open the chat with the contact you wish to ignore.
- Now, in the top right corner, click the I button.
- Scroll down to the Ignore Message option under information.
- Ignore the message by clicking “Ignore Message” and then Ignore option.
It’s usually easier to remove someone who isn’t on your friend list from a messenger. If someone is on your friend’s list, however, it is preferable to friend them first and then remove them from your messenger contact list. If you don’t want to unfriend someone, you can also block them temporarily.
Hopefully, we were able to answer your question about “how to remove someone from the messenger” with this article. Best of luck, and keep surfing safe!